Penn Press is proud to have published hundreds of books from authors based at our home institution, the University of Pennsylvania. Browse our collection of recent books published by Penn-affiliated authors and explore the range of expertise and knowledge to be found right here in our backyard!
Jessica Marie Johnson’s award-winning and groundbreaking book Wicked Flesh is coming in paperback from Penn Press this fall! Unearthing personal stories from the archive, Wicked Flesh shows how black women used intimacy and kinship to redefine freedom in the eighteenth-century Atlantic world.
An exciting new Penn Press series, RaceB4Race explores the ways race has been constructed and operates in the literature, history, and culture of the global West and beyond from antiquity to the eighteenth century.
- An Excerpt From The Kingdom and the Republic in Honor of Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month May is Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month, and in commemoration, we're sharing an excerpt from the Introduction to The Kingdom and… Read More
- Congratulations to This Year's Penn Press-Affiliated Guggenheim Fellows! The 2022 Guggenheim Fellows have been announced, and several Penn Press authors or affiliates have received this honor! Please join us in… Read More
- Women Healers: Always Essential Medical Workers In honor of Women's History Month, Penn Press is excited to share a new blog post from Susan Brandt, author of Women… Read More
- Kateřina Čapková and Hillel J. Kieval at the Society of the History of Czechoslovak Jews Tuesday. May 24, 2022 | 6:30 pm In-person event Read More
- Aaron Sullivan at the Athenaeum of Philadelphia Thursday. June 2, 2022 | 6:00 pm Virtual event Read More
- Whitney Martinko at the Preservation League of New York State Thursday. June 9, 2022 | 4:00 pm Virtual event Read More