Philadelphia Trees—Coming Soon!
Philadelphia Trees by Paul Meyer and Edward Barnard is a pocket-sized resource for identifying the native trees, commonly encountered exotics, and popular ornamentals of the Philadelphia metropolitan area—now available in a new updated edition that includes newly notable trees and highlights the effects of recent environmental concerns! Pre-order your copy today.
Wicked Flesh—Paperback Coming Soon
Jessica Marie Johnson’s award-winning and groundbreaking book Wicked Flesh is coming in paperback from Penn Press this fall! Unearthing personal stories from the archive, Wicked Flesh shows how black women used intimacy and kinship to redefine freedom in the eighteenth-century Atlantic world.
RaceB4Race: Critical Race Studies of the Premodern
An exciting new Penn Press series, RaceB4Race explores the ways race has been constructed and operates in the literature, history, and culture of the global West and beyond from antiquity to the eighteenth century.
This fall, get 30% off both of our current RaceB4Race titles—plus free U.S. shipping—when you order with discount code RACEB4RACE22-FM before December 31!
- Penn Press Welcomes Clint Kimberling, New Director of Sales and Marketing As of May 16th, Clint Kimberling became Penn Press’ new Director of Sales and Marketing, joining us with more than… Read More
- "Don't Say Gay" and the History of Privacy Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Pride Month is currently celebrated each year in the month of June to… Read More
- An Excerpt From The Kingdom and the Republic in Honor of Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month May is Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month, and in commemoration, we're sharing an excerpt from the Introduction to The Kingdom and… Read More
- Jane Berger at the Enoch Pratt Free Library Thursday. September 8, 2022 | 6:00 pm In-person event Read More
- Urvashi Chakravarty at the Athenaeum of Philadelphia Thursday. September 8, 2022 | 6:00 pm Virtual event Read More
- Daniel Diaz Couch at the American Antiquarian Society Thursday. September 15, 2022 | 2:00 pm Virtual event Read More