The Prepared Leader—Now Available!
In The Prepared Leader, two history-making experts in crisis leadership forcefully argue that the time to prepare is always. The book encapsulates more than two decades of the authors’ research to convey how it has positioned them to navigate through the distinct challenges of today and tomorrow. Their insights have implications for every leader in every industry and every worker at every level.
Wicked Flesh—Now in Paperback!
Jessica Marie Johnson’s award-winning and groundbreaking book Wicked Flesh is now available in paperback from Penn Press! Unearthing personal stories from the archive, Wicked Flesh shows how black women used intimacy and kinship to redefine freedom in the eighteenth-century Atlantic world.
RaceB4Race: Critical Race Studies of the Premodern
An exciting new Penn Press series, RaceB4Race explores the ways race has been constructed and operates in the literature, history, and culture of the global West and beyond from antiquity to the eighteenth century.
This fall, get 30% off both of our current RaceB4Race titles—plus free U.S. shipping—when you order with discount code RACEB4RACE22-FM before December 31!
- A New Mission Statement Penn Press recently adopted a new mission statement. In this post, excerpted from our 2022 Annual Report, the Press's Director… Read More
- Penn Press's 2022 Holiday Gift Guide! In case you haven't heard, Penn Press's 2022 holiday sale is happening right now! Through December 31, all books here… Read More
- An Excerpt From The Apache Diaspora in Honor of Native American Heritage Month November is National Native American Heritage Month, and in commemoration, we’re sharing an excerpt from the Introduction to The Apache… Read More
- Weiping Wu and Qin Gao at the University of Pennsylvania Thursday. February 9, 2023 | 12:00 pm Virtual event Read More
- Debapriya Sarkar at the University of Connecticut Tuesday. March 7, 2023 | 3:30 pm Hybrid event Read More
- Global Discovery Series: The Philadelphia Negro 125 Years Later Thursday. March 9, 2023 | 12:00 pm Virtual event Read More