Wicked Flesh—Paperback Coming Soon
Jessica Marie Johnson’s award-winning and groundbreaking book Wicked Flesh is coming in paperback from Penn Press this fall! Unearthing personal stories from the archive, Wicked Flesh shows how black women used intimacy and kinship to redefine freedom in the eighteenth-century Atlantic world.
RaceB4Race: Critical Race Studies of the Premodern
An exciting new Penn Press series, RaceB4Race explores the ways race has been constructed and operates in the literature, history, and culture of the global West and beyond from antiquity to the eighteenth century.
This fall, get 30% off both of our current RaceB4Race titles—plus free U.S. shipping—when you order with discount code RACEB4RACE22-FM before December 31!
- An Excerpt From Latinos and the Liberal City in Honor of National Hispanic American Heritage Month￼ September 15 to October 15 is National Hispanic American Heritage Month, and in commemoration, we're sharing an excerpt from the… Read More
- Penn Press Welcomes Clint Kimberling, New Director of Sales and Marketing As of May 16th, Clint Kimberling became Penn Press’ new Director of Sales and Marketing, joining us with more than… Read More
- "Don't Say Gay" and the History of Privacy Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Pride Month is currently celebrated each year in the month of June to… Read More
- Ingu Hwang at Boston College Wednesday. September 28, 2022 | 6:00 pm In-person event Read More
- Howard Gillette Jr., at the Legacy Project at County College of Morris Thursday. September 29, 2022 | 12:30 pm Virtual event Read More
- Jacques Dalarun and Sean L. Field at the University of Vermont Wednesday. October 5, 2022 | 5:00 pm In-person event Read More